BAC Mono now available in the United States

Although it’s been available in Europe for more than two years, the BAC Mono has received its U.S. debut last week and its officially on sale. The car was showcased for the first time in United States at Cars and Coffee in Irvine, California.

You can think of this vehicle as a worthy adversary for the slightly more popular Ariel Atom. Getting back to the BAC Mono, this would have to be a road-legal, single-seat race car also known as a monoposto in some regions in Europe.

Motivation comes from a normally-aspirated 2.3-liter engine developed by Cosworth which is capable of outputting 280 hp or 209 kW. This engine is linked to a six-speed sequential gearbox created by Hewland, and boasts a limited-slip differential. Thanks to this setup, the BAC Mono sprints to 96 km/h (60 mph) in just 2.8 seconds and needs 6.7 seconds to reach 160 km/h (100 mph), before achieving a top speed of 273 km/h (170 mph).

In terms of suspension, the engineers at BAC have installed a rose-jointed and aero-profiled pushrod system featuring adjustable dampers made by Sachs Racing. The vehicle has a curb weight of 1,190 lbs (540 kg) which results in a power-to-weight ratio of 520 hp / ton. 48% of the weight is at the front while the other 52% are at the back.

Source: BAC via WorldCarFans

Share this post

Post Comment