Mercedes-Benz launches C450 AMG Sport in Detroit

Mercedes-Benz has introduced the C450 AMG Sport sedan and wagon in Detroit at the 2015 North American International Auto Show. The model is positioned right under the range-topping C63 and comes with a 3.0-liter V6 twin-turbo engine that has been upgraded for this version and now churns 362 bhp (270 kW) and 517 Nm (382 lb-ft) of torque. All that power is transferred to a 4MATIC all-wheel drive system with help from an updated seven-speed automatic transmission allowing the sedan sprint to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.9 seconds while the wagon does it in 5 seconds, with both of them having an electronically-limited 155 mph (250 km/h) top speed.

Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport
Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport

Sourced from the fully-fledged C63 are the adjustable dampers, firmer springs, updated front axle carrier and the front pull rods. Moreover, the Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport comes with additional negative camber, new load bearing joints along with updated steering knuckles. The company’s engineers have also revised the 4MATIC system which sends 33 percent of the power to the front wheels while the rear axle gets the other 67 percent.
[nggallery id=1102]
The model sits on 18-inch rims shod in 225/45 front and 245/40 rear tires while stopping power is provided by 360mm front and 320mm rear ventilated steel discs matched with grey calipers. On the inside there are red seatbelts, flat-bottomed steering wheel, alloy pedals and sport seats. It can be visually distinguished on the outside by the slightly more aggressive body with bigger cooling ducts, revised front grille, dark chrome exhaust pipes, boot lid spoiler and black mirrors.

Source: Mercedes-Benz

Share this post